Updated: Jan 16
When we become Christians, we enter into a relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit that will cause us to grow. With the power of the Holy Spirit, we become more like Jesus and He helps us and guides us to become more holy.Every true Christian, a true believer of Jesus Christ of Nazareth wants to grow in their relationship with Him.When you give your life to Christ,it means you have caught the revelation of who Jesus Christ is and you’ve given your life to Him completely. You have forsaken your former life,you repented and you want to get to know Him truly and want to grow in your spiritual walk with Him. Colossians 2: 6-7 says 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, 7 rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. The Bible says that when we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord & personal saviour,we receive an advocate the Holy Spirit who will help us,teach us,guide us and comfort us as mentioned in John.John 14:16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, who will stay with you forever.He will testify of who Jesus Christ is and will give you the revelation as you read the Word of God, pray, fast, commune with God and fellowship with other believers etc.In everything we do for God as believers,the Holy Spirit is there in our midst and He helps us as we spend time with Him, He will reveal the true nature of Christ and the more you know Him the more you want to know Him.You will naturally and supernaturally hunger and thirst for Him. 1 Peter 2:2-3 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.We are like children who are born again. A new born child is carried by the mother all the time, then the baby learns how to sit, crawl, stand, walk, run and after that the world is their oyster. As a new christian we need go through the stages and learn how to move to the next level and grow to know Him and if we apply the truth (the Word of God), we will grow and our knowledge of Christ will also increase. Hebrews 6:1 1 Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God. May God help you to grow spiritually in the name of Jesus Christ.
Colossians 2 2-3 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT? CLICK THE VIDEO BELOW
Kindly donate to our ministry here
How to grow as a Christian.
1.Read the Bible.(If you don’t have one ask your local church they usually give out free bibles out for free).Or order one online, or from your local bookshop.You can also
download the bible app.We would suggest a paperback or hard copy to avoid being distracted by phone notifications popping up.Take time with the Lord seriously and give Him the respect and honour He deserves.
2.Read and study your Bible on your own.
3.Study the "I am" statements of Jesus Christ ,these can be found in the New Testament.This are statements that Jesus said in the bible. Eg.John 11:25 -26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
4.Pray without ceasing.
5.Participate in bible study at church or in small groups ,family or with a friend.
6.Get a prayer partner, somebody you will pray with maybe on a daily basis or maybe every other day ,set aside a day you will pray together, remember iron sharpens iron.
7.Read Christian daily devotional books or journals.
8.Journal your growth or blog your growth.
9.Keep a gratitude journal or book that you write everything about what God has done for you throughout the year.
10. Choose a day to fast in the month, fasting brings a new level of anointing every time you do so and brings you closer to God.Read our articles of fasting here
11. Worship and praise God.
12. Fellowship with other believers.Ask God to help you find a bible believing church that teaches the Word of God ,where you can grow and serve. Show up and keep showing up. Often, it’s a choice to keep seeking the community when life struggles will push you away from church.We were created to journey this life with others ,that's why God gave Adam a companion ,Eve.Never feel ashamed that you’re reaching out for help or if you have questions because no matter how anointed you are, we are all in a continual state of growth. There is great comfort in knowing that God will use what we have gone through, no matter how difficult, to help someone else. Christ, Himself, suffered and was tempted in “all things,” reminding us that He truly understands “all” that we walk through in this life. Act 3:42-47
14.Don't sin. Be holy and righteous.
God calls us to strive to live holy as He is holy, He reminds us to set our minds on the things above, not on the things in this world. He invites us to ask forgiveness when we get off course and sin and He assures us of His faithfulness to forgive and wash us clean. Un-confessed sin will lead to greater difficulties down the road, increased pressure, anxiety, and even despair. But God calls us to live differently. He promises He will make all things new and bring restoration, freedom, and grace 1 John 1:19
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
15.Walk in the Spirit.Learning to walk in the Spirit is learning to say no to the flesh and yes to God. It’s the willingness to put God in the driver’s seat of our lives and to choose to deny our own fleshly nature.It’s not always easy. In fact, it can be really, really hard, every single day but the Holy Spirit. The enemy will bring temptation and fear. He will do everything He can to lead us away from choosing to live fully for God. But once we determine in our hearts that we will walk in God’s ways and pray for the filling of His Spirit in our lives, He is faithful to fill us afresh with His power. He is mighty within us. We never walk alone, God equips us to learn to walk in the fruits of His Spirit and will turn our lives around for great purpose and blessing. Galatians 5:22-23“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”
CHECK OUT OUR JOURNALS HERE
30 Prayers for Spiritual Growth
1. Lord, Your name is Holy. In every area of my life, may I seek to be Holy as well. 1 Peter 1:16 because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."
2. Lord Jesus ,help me change and grow in my walk with You and may You be centre stage in my inner being.Help me to have the hunger and thirst for prayer and the Word in Jesus' name.
3. God, teach me to be truly dependant on You and remind me daily that every material thing that I have and even my own body is from You and for You in the name of Jesus.Isaiah 26:9.My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me diligently seeks You.
4. My Lord, from this moment on I choose to walk away from anything I know will have a destructive effect on my life. Keep me safe from the work of the evil one in Jesus' name.
5.Lord, as I seek to grow spiritually, keep me humble and mindful. Humble in how I consider myself, mindful in how I consider You. In all things, may You Lord be the one who is praised, honoured and glorified forever. James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up in honour.
6.Lord, Jesus, forgive me for missing the mark and forgive me my trespasses, as I also forgive others who have hurt me.Thank You for Your precious blood that covers me.
7. I need you Lord more than anything else in my life. As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for You, O God.Psalms 42:1-2 As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God.
8. Lord Jesus ,I hunger and thirst for spiritual growth,help me to grow in my walk with You.
9. Dear Lord give me grace for the day.Provide the things I need this day, I pray. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
10. Lord search my heart and reveal to me any bitterness I am harbouring against anyone.I forgive those who would come against me. Help me be honest with myself and others.Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Father Lord let my body, soul and spirit be preserved blameless and to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in the name of Jesus.
12. Father Lord let me be filled with the spirit of wisdom and understanding in the knowledge of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
13. Holy Spirit strengthen me with Your might by Your Spirit and Power in the name of Jesus Christ.
14. Jehovah let Christ dwell in my heart by faith in the name of Jesus,let signs and wonders begin to follow me everyday of my life.
15. Lord I pray that I may be rooted and grounded in love in the name of Jesus. Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love.
16. Let the Lord of peace give me peace in all areas of my life in the name of Jesus.
17.By the Power in Your name,Lord Jesus perfect Your good work in me and perfect what is lacking in my faith and in my walk with You.
18. I receive the anointing and the power of the Holy Ghost in the mighty name of Jesus. Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
19. Father, open my spiritual eyes that I may see what is my inheritance in You and the glory of my calling. Ephesians 1:18, The eye of your understanding be enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.
20. Father, in the name of Jesus, let the zeal of Your kingdom fall upon me heavily and make me a tool for Your kingdom expansion. Psalm 69:9 for the zeal of thy house has eaten me up, and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
21. My Father in Heaven, cause the light of Your work in my life to shine to all, that Your name alone will be glorified in Jesus perfect name. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good work and glorify your father which is in heaven.
22. Father, increase me in the knowledge of Christ resurrection and the power of His glory in this end time in Jesus name. Philippians 3:10, that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.
23. I receive wisdom from The Holy Spirit now in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
24. I take the shield of faith to quench every fiery darts of the enemy in the name of Jesus.
25. I renounce and lose myself from every spirit slumber upon my life and I boldly declare spiritual growth in my life in the name of Jesus.
26. Father Lord, let Christ dwell in my heart by faith, and let the love of Christ in me bear fruits in Jesus’ name.
27. God, help me comprehend the breadth, length, depth and height of the love of Christ Jesus and cause me to walk in that love everyday in Jesus name.
28. O Lord, perfect what is lacking in my life, let your strength be continually made manifest in my weaknesses.
29. Father Lord, inject into me your spiritual vitamins from your word (spiritual milk) that will make me spiritually healthy, in the name of Jesus.
30. I run into the name of the Lord which is a strong tower and I am safe, in the name of Jesus.Father Lord, thank You for empowering my spiritual life to scale higher heights in Jesus name.
Thank God for new spiritual heights that He has lifted you into in the name of Jesus.
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.
PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT.
Check out our recent blog posts.